Total Pageviews

Its Awesome!

Monday, December 2, 2013

 8:16 PM         No comments
Vulture 

I had walked since dawn and lay down to rest on a bare hillside 
Above the ocean. I saw through half-shut eyelids a vulture wheeling 
high up in heaven, 
And presently it passed again, but lower and nearer, its orbit 
narrowing, 
I understood then 
That I was under inspection. I lay death-still and heard the flight- 
feathers 
Whistle above me and make their circle and come nearer. 
I could see the naked red head between the great wings 
Bear downward staring. I said, 'My dear bird, we are wasting time 
here. 



বিশ্বের সবচেয়ে ব্যয়বহুল পাঁচ রেঁস্তোরা

These old bones will still work; they are not for you.' But how 
beautiful 
he looked, gliding down 
On those great sails; how beautiful he looked, veering away in the 
sea-light 
over the precipice. I tell you solemnly 
That I was sorry to have disappointed him. To be eaten by that beak 
and 
become part of him, to share those wings and those eyes-- 
What a sublime end of one's body, what an enskyment; what a life 
after death. 

Robinson Jeffers 
Reactions:

0 comments:

NetworkedBlogs

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Text Widget

Blog Archive